Are you looking for an online job without investment or registration fee that allows you to make a good income? Whether you’re a student or stay at home mom or dad looking for a part-time or full-time job, this list of legitimate online jobs has something for you.
The list contains free online jobs, which means there is no cost for you to get apply. Most people looking for a job online need to make money, not spend money. A lot of the jobs online require you to pay start-up costs, fees of some kind or pay for a course.
So what can you do if you don’t have the money to start making it? I will show you several ways you can work from home without an investment.
You may find that a few of these free online jobs require experience, but a lot of them don’t so be sure you to go through the whole list and hopefully you find just the right job for you.
Online Jobs From Home Without The Investment Of Money By Type:
Online Reservations Agent
Below is a list of well-known companies that offer remote reservation agent positions from time to time. If you’re interested in a reservation agent online job from home without investment, please check the sites frequently for openings.
- Enterprise is a car rental agency that hires remote agents nationwide. Starting pay is around $12 per hour.
- Hertz has some remote positions for car reservation agents. It looks like the starting pay is $11 per hour.
- Hilton Worldwide hire work at home reservation specialists quite often. Usually, the openings are for people in or near parts of Texas, Florida or North Carolina. The base pay is around $9 or $10 per hour.
- Marriott requires on-site paid training for 90 days before you can work from home. You can make close to $13 an hour in this position.
- Omni Hotels offers part-time positions. To find current job listings select “reservations” as the job type.
- Carnival Cruise Lines does not hire frequently, and the starting pay is low, but they do offer benefits and commission.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines occasionally has listings on Indeed.com. On-site training in Arizona or Florida is usually a requirement, and pay is around $11 per hour with some benefits.
- Alaska Airlines requires you to live near Kent, WA for onsite training before you can work remotely. Training lasts six months, and the pay is around $12 per hour.
- American Airlines frequently has openings for people who live in parts of Texas, North Carolina, and Florida. You must train onsite for ten weeks. Pay is a little over $10 hour. Be sure to type “home-based” when searching for a job.
- JetBlue requires onsite training in Salt Lake City, Utah. Previous customer service experience is required for this online job for home without investment. I couldn’t find any information about pay, but there are some benefits.
- Travel Agent at AAA Club Alliance requires applicants to have a high school diploma and prefers someone with a travel school accreditation and 18 months experience. The pay is $17 hour plus benefits.
Online Writing Jobs
Do you want to make money online writing? If so, you will find a variety of opportunities here ranging from $10 to hundreds of dollars per submission. Whether your a beginner or an expert, writing offers a variety of ways to work online from home without investment.
If you have a blog or you want to start one you can learn how to monetize it with Google AdSense and affiliate marketing. However, you don’t need a blog to work with an affiliate, sites like Ebates allow you to reap the benefits of affiliate marketing without a website.
- Verblio accepts writers of all experience levels. The starting pay is $10.50 for a 300 to 400-word post. You are paid every Monday through PayPal for every article they accept. The more you write for them, the more points you get, which gives you access to higher-paying opportunities.
- CopyPress isn’t just writing, they have positions in design, marketing and coding as well. According to their website, they pride themselves on being a team that’s passionate about coming together to build new things.
- The Penny Hoarder hires freelance writers to write about making or saving money. You must submit a 700 to 900-word pitch and if it’s accepted payment will be discussed.
- Doctor Of Credit pays $50 through PayPal for every post that is accepted. If you submit content on a regular basis, you may be offered a position with revenue share and or fixed pay per post.
- Entelligent is seeking journalists, bloggers, business analysts, and scientists to add to their paid contributor network. This site has a focus on the U.S. energy industry.
- SitePoint is constantly on the lookout for authors to write about CSS and HTML. This site pays $150 for articles, $200 for tutorials and $300 for lengthier posts that draw more traffic.
- AppStorm pays $60 for a 900-word in-depth review of an application, technique or roundup of a category or software niche. A PayPal account is necessary to get paid.
- Photoshop Tutorials gives you a chance to share your knowledge with thousands of readers. A quick-tip can earn you $50, and a complete tutorial can make $150 to $300. Writing an article pays anywhere from $25 to $50. If you’re passionate about design and Photoshop here’s your chance to shine.
- Polygon is looking for stories about the video game industry and its culture. Their rates are competitive, and they prefer articles that range from 1,000 to 5,000 words.
- MetroParent is a website looking for fresh parenting content on topics like family fun, parenting, pregnancy, food, home, education, camps, classes, and health. A 600 to 800-word post pays $40. See their website for more writing opportunities that pay up $125 or more.
- International Living believes that you can live better for less in the right places overseas. You can earn between $75 to $400 sharing your international living experience with this online job for home without investment.
- DesertUSA accepts articles about travel in the North American Desert and surrounding regions. They pay $50 for each post with pictures that they use.
- Change Agent is an adult education magazine for social justice that features writing by adult learners. If your 200-1000 word submission is accepted, you’ll receive $50.
You might also like: Get Paid To Write Articles At Home: 101 Sites That Pay You To Write
Online Transcriptionist Job
Most home based typing jobs require a high-quality foot pedal for controlling audio playback with your feet and transcription software. I suggest checking into Rev if you’re starting out and don’t want to pay for training in this industry.
If you want more help getting started in your transcription career, I suggest getting a copy of this book “Jump-Start Your Work at Home General Transcription Career: The Fast and Easy Way to Get Started.” This book has received an update for 2018, it got 4.6 out of 5 stars in the reviews, and the kindle version is only $5.99.
Keep in mind that most of these jobs pay by the audio hour which is not the same as a clock hour. It takes an experienced transcription person about four hours to transcribe one hour of audio.
- Cambridge Transcriptions has openings for experienced, A+ legal transcriptionist. If you have proven abilities in transcribing depositions, administrative hearings, and arbitrations, you will want to consider this job.
- 3 Play Media offers contract transcriber positions that pay $10 to $30 an hour depending on experience. You need a good computer and internet connection along with the ability to type 75 words per minute to be considered for this position.
- Focus Forward pays $.40 per audio minute to start with the opportunity to receive higher-paying jobs over time.
- Amazon Mechanical Turk has thousands of tasks available, not just transcribing. Some of the tasks available include identifying objects in pictures and researching data details.
- Accutran doesn’t list the starting pay, but they hire people without experience if you pass the tests
- GMR Transcriptionist offers work on a variety of topics including academic, legal, business, and more. You don’t need experience; you can choose when and how much you work.
- Transcribe Me will hire people without experience but the pay is low.
- Ubiques offers full time and freelance opportunities. This company is looking for people who are just starting out in the industry as well as people looking to switch careers. Some positions even offer benefits
- A&P Transcription requires at least one year of experience and a typing speed of 65wpm.
- Cyber Dictate is looking for legal transcribers with prior experience who live in the U.S. to work as independent contractors.
- Etranscription requires prior experience and a typing speed greater than 80 wpm.
- Outsec offers legitimate online jobs worldwide, but you must have at least two years experience and type a minimum of 70 wpm to work for them.
These companies allow you to pursue a legitimate work from home career as a teacher. Flexible hours and high pay make an online teaching job for home without investment desirable.
- Qkids is an online teaching community that teaches English online. To work for them, you must speak fluent English and have a degree or be in pursuit of one. You must be available to teach six hours a week. Pay is $16-20 per hour.
- VIP Kid pays $14 to $22 an hour to teach English online and the hours are flexible. You do not have to prepare lesson plans, and VIP Kid communicates with the parents.
- Chegg requires you to have a degree or be working on one, and a Facebook account is required. You can earn over $20 per hour here.
- Brainfuse lets you teach without a webcam or mic, but you do need a bachelor’s degree. Pay is between $10 to $15 per hour.
- Tutor offers a military spouse employment program. Today has featured Tutor on their show. Experience is not necessary, but some positions require a bachelor’s degree or for you to be at least a sophomore in college. The rate of pay is between $9 and $13 with possible incentives.
- Skooli requires you to be a certified teacher with a degree. Teachers earn $25 an hour.
- Yup provides students with personalized mobile learning 24/7. No previous experience is required, but you will be required to pass some exams. If you’re good at math, chemistry or physics and want to make between $10 and $13 an hour, this may be a job for you.
- Landi hires teachers to teach English to Chinese students. You will need a bachelor’s degree and the ability to work between the hours of 5 am, and 9 am eastern time for at least 12 hours a week. If this sounds good to you, you could make $18-25 per hour with possible pay raises every six months. Performance and referral incentives are also possible.
- Elevate K-12 provides content and learning plans for you to teach between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm EST. Pay is $15 per hour, and a bachelor’s degree and experience are required.
If you’re looking for part-time work from home opportunity proofreading may be for you. Most positions allow you to be an independent contractor and work at your own pace.
- Cactus is in India, and they work with pharmaceutical and medical research. To qualify for this online job for home without investment position, you must have excellent English skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- One Space currently has freelance positions available for a foreign language transcriptionist, and a small business and accounting writer and editor. Pay may be on the low side for these positions.
- Domainite does not require experience to start, but you do have to pass a test to get work. Pay is weekly through PayPal.
- Edit Fast requires you to have a degree and past editing experience to work for them. Edit fast keeps 40% of the total paid for a project; payments are through Paypal.
- Gramlee is always looking for exceptional editors to work from home as independent contractors.
- Kirkus currently has an opening for a book reviewer. You have two weeks to complete your review after you receive the book assignment.
- Life Tips wants people who are passionate about editing. Knowledge and experience in search engine marketing preferred. This online job for home without investment position requires you to work with freelance writers. Included with this position are salary and medical benefits.
Online Data Entry Jobs
Unfortunately, online data entry jobs from home are not easy to find. I was only able to find a couple of legitimate home based typing jobs.
- The Smart Crowd requires you to take a typing test to get this part-time data entry work, and the pay is low.
- Axion Data Services rarely has openings. Two to three years experience is preferred and a typing speed of 50 words per minute. There is a fee to register for the database.
- Clickworker isn’t one of the highest paying online jobs, but you don’t need much skill for this job. A computer and internet connection is required for this data entry work.
Related: Get paid for your views and opinions with one of The 10 Best Online Survey Jobs
Online Customer Service Jobs
If you’re looking for a legitimate work from home career that allows you to earn money online, customer service may be for you. Most positions offer a flexible schedule, and some even provide benefits.
- Alorica offers work from home telemarketing positions as well as corporate positions. Some jobs provide medical and dental benefits.
- Amazon doesn’t offer virtual positions in all areas, but you can check their site frequently for availability.
- Concentrix offers a one-hour online career fair which explains current openings, pay, benefits, and career enhancement.
- Home Shopping Network offers several customer care positions, but you must live in specific areas.
- Kelly Services requires customer service experience and a high school diploma or equivalent. Pay is between $13 and $15 per hour for tier 1 advisors and employees are eligible for bonuses up to $750.
- Mod Squad A high school diploma or equivalent is necessary and prior experience to earn money from Mod Squad.
Online Virtual Assistant Jobs
I found some legitimate work from home opportunities for people with no prior virtual assistant experience. It’s best to have some writing or software expertise though to succeed in this online job.
Want more help getting started as a VA? This book has a lot of useful information, “Become A Successful Virtual Assistant: Learn the Business Side & Ditch 9 to 5,” it’s free to read if you have Kindle Unlimited on Amazon. Here’s a quote from the author, Melissa Smith.
Are you ready to change your life and your lifestyle by becoming a virtual assistant? You might have seen ads or heard of someone who was working as a VA and wondered if you could do the same. You can! I wrote this book to teach you all you need to know to start your own VA business. By sharing my own experiences and insights, you will save months or even years trying to figure everything out on your own!
- Fancy Hands is looking for people who are great at internet research and good on the phone. Tasks pay $3 to $7 for beginning tasks and go up from there.
- Time Etc has positions for a general virtual assistant, marketing, and social media assistant, and a writing assistant.
- Vicky Virtual requires you to have a computer and fast internet as well as the ability to type 50 words per minute. Pay is $10 per hour for this online job for home without investment.
- Virtual Gal Friday pays between $12 and $14 per hour to be a virtual office assistant. Administrative skills are required.
- Worldwide 101 pays between $16 and $21 per hour for these part-time jobs. You will be matched up with clients at Worldwide 101.
- 99 Social hires virtual social media assistants. Starting pay is low but once you prove yourself you could make between $12 and $15 per hour.
Online Captcha Entry
If you have joined very many sites on the internet you have probably experienced the Captcha. Captcha is a human verification test that prevents automated bots from joining their site. There are many companies that need to signup in large quantities on thousands of websites on the internet.
The companies can use automatic software to signup on the websites but there is no technology to solve the captcha automatically, that’s where you come in as a captcha solver.
- Mega Typers pays between $.45 and $1.50 for every 1000 word image typed. The average data entry worker for this site earns around $250 per month.
Writing resumes is a good online job for college students. Offer to help recent graduates polish up their resumes or use the following sites to find clients.
- ResumeEdge is looking for people to write and edit resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn Profiles. Writing experience is preferred for this online job.
- Writer Bay prefers people with experience and a Bachelor’s degree in any field. A competitive salary is offered for this online job and there are no registration fees.
Ways To Earn Money Online Without Investment For Students
If you’re a student trying to earn some extra money while attending classes you might want to check out this list of part-time jobs. You will find a lot of jobs that don’t require any experience. Even if you just need to make a few bucks now and then I think you’ll find the list helpful. I know it can be challenging to earn extra money while you’re taking classes and trying to have a social life.
I have done my best to research all of the websites listed above but please do your own research as well before signing up for any work from home jobs. I will continue to search for legitimate online jobs, and various ways of making money online, so check back often and join the mailing list to receive the latest updates and have access to the free resources library.