Do you want to get paid to write articles at home? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Working from home and getting paid to write is a dream job for a lot of people.
You don’t have to invest any money on equipment or fees to become a writer. All you need to do is find websites that will pay for your content.
I’ve compiled a huge list of sites that will pay you to write articles at home. The list is divided into sections so you can find the topics that interest you.
Get Paid To Write
Get Paid To Write About Anything
- Verblio – Jobs from 300 to 2000 words in length across 40+ industries. You select a topic and write a post. If a customer purchases your post, you get paid.
- BKA Content – Pay is $8 to $18+ per hour. Must be able to write at a college level and meet deadlines.
- Clear Voice – Set your own rates and showcase your portfolio.
- Content Remarketing – Preference is given to subject matter experts and writers with specialties.
- Great Content – Global leader in the field of multilingual SEO and e-commerce content creation.
- Green Light Articles – Write articles that contain 350 to 450 words. Pay increases the more you write and bonuses are available for meeting certain targets.
- Hire Writers – Earn between $2.25 and $10.66 for a 300-500 word article.
- The Hoth – Pay rate varies based on skill level.
- iWriter – Earn between $2.67 and $31.59 for a 500-word article.
- List Verse – Pay is $100 for a list of at least ten items.
- Online Writing Jobs – Looking for writers in a variety of different fields, including, but not limited to automotive, education, health, medical, science, and tech. Pay is up to $50 per article.
- Text Broker – Pay is between .7 and 5 cents per word. The better you write, the more you earn.
- Upwork – A website for freelancers that allows you to bid on the jobs you want.
- Writer Access – You can choose projects that pay a flat fee or by the word.
Get Paid To Write About Education
- A Pass Education – You must possess a bachelor’s degree and be available for 2-5 hours per day.
- Academic Experts – This position requires a master’s degree. You will anywhere from $7 to $31 per double-spaced page.
- Back To College – Receive $55+ for an original article that is 1,000 to 1,500 words. This publication features articles that address issues of importance to older students.
- Teaching Tolerance – A magazine geared toward teachers. Pay is up to $1 per word.
- American Educator – The minimum pay for an article is $300. This is a professional magazine geared toward teachers. Articles vary in length from 1,000 to 5,000 words.
Get Paid To Write About The Web And Technology
- A List Apart – Get paid $50 to $200 for a 600 to 2500 word article that offers a fresh perspective on web design.
- iPhone Life – Receive $50 to $100 for a post about iPhones or the iOS platform.
- Digital Oceans – A tech-focused company that pays $300 for an average tutorial.
- Polygon – A computer gaming site that pays a competitive rate for a 1,000 to 5,000-word post.
- RankPay – Earn $50 for a post about SEO, content marketing, social media tips, strategies, and news.
- WL Marketing – This is an online marketing fulfillment service. Enter your desired salary when applying for a writing position.
- Income Diary – Write about creating awesome websites, driving traffic, social media, or making money online. Pay is up to $200 for worthy content.
Get Paid To Write About Money
- Doctor Of Credit – This site is about deals and consumer credit. Earn $50 for a guest post.
- The Dollar Stretcher – A group of publications about how to “Living Better…for Less”. Pay is $.10 per published word.
- The Penny Hoarder – Is looking for freelance writers who have unique ideas for earning or saving money. Payment discussed upon acceptance of your pitch.
- Income Diary – If you’re an expert at creating websites, social media or making money online, this is the site for you. You will earn between $200 and $500.
Get Paid To Write About Travel
- DesertUSA -The focus of DesertUSA.com is to travel in the North American Desert and surrounding regions. Pay is $50 for an article.
- Travelista – Travel writers get paid $40 for 1,000 words.
- Trip Base – Payment is $30 per article, $25 if they have to replace your images.
- Transitions Abroad – Payment for freelance articles is from $50 to $150 for an article in the 1250-2000+ word range. Looking for articles about working abroad, volunteering abroad, students traveling abroad, vacations, and traveling abroad.
- Great Escape Publishing – Publishes articles on the craft and business of getting paid to travel, whether by writing, photography, tours or other means. Pay is $150 for personal stories and interviews.
- Theme Park Tourist – Make $50 for a short article about a theme park and be eligible for bonuses.
- Travel & Leisure – The contact page provides an address for writers to submit story ideas.
- Motor Home – Pay is between $100 and $900 for a manuscript with a photo.
- Wanderful – Earn $50 for writing an article to empower and help women to travel the world.
Get Paid To Write About Food
- Food Detectives – You will get paid to write informative articles about cooking, cooking courses, cooking products, healthy recipes, nutrition tips, entertaining menus, fitness guides, and other related topics. Pay is between $75 and $160 depending on the article.
Get Paid To Write About Parenting
- A Fine Parent – Pay is $75 for 1500 to a 3000-word article.
- Just Parents -Typically the articles are informational pieces on pregnancy or parenting or a light-hearted opinion piece on parenthood. Payment is made within 24 hours of an article being accepted.
- Metro Parent – Pay is from $25 to $200+ depending on the article.
- Motherly – 500-1000 word stories reflecting on the insights you’ve experienced in motherhood.
- Red Tricycle – Write about funny and relatable stories, unique parenting hacks or creative projects.
Get Paid To Write About The Outdoors
- AMC Outdoors – Write an article that showcases an outdoor activity in a new way, offers a sense of place and meaning, or profiles individuals with unique approaches to conservation in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic. Earn between $150 and $750.
- Modern Farmer – Write about people, policy, plants, animals, and technology of agriculture.
- Blade -Get paid between $150 to $300 to write about knives.
- Bird Watching Daily – Most feature articles pay around $400.
- Sport Fishing – Pay is between $300 and $1500 to provide useful information about saltwater fishing.
- Gray’s Sporting Journal – Pay is between $50 and $1250 for features and pictures. Write poems, facts or fiction articles about hunting or fishing.
- Rapid Media – This site publishes Kayak Angler and Paddling Magazine.
- Main Boats – A magazine from the coast of Maine with a focus on boating. Pay is between $250 and $400.
- Wooden Boat – A magazine for wooden boat owners, builders, and designers. Pay is $250 to $300 for 1,000 words.
- The Chronicle Of The Horse – Articles primarily focused on dressage, hunters and jumpers, eventing, foxhunting and steeplechase racing. Pay is $150 to $400.
- Kit Planes – The pay is between $250 and $1000 for articles about kit planes and amateur-built aircraft construction.
Get Paid To Write Comedy
- Cracked – Opportunities for people who are funny, smart and creative.
- Reader’s Digest – You could earn $100 writing for this publication.
Get Paid To Write About Health And Fitness
- Lighthouse – Pays $100 for a published article written by the blind or visually impaired.
- Kung Fu Magazine – Write about topics that would be of interest to an advanced Chinese Martial Arts practitioner as well as the rank beginner of any style.
Get Paid To Write About Your Life
- Chicken Soup For The Soul – You could earn $200 for submitting a great story or poem.
- The Sun – Earn between $100 and $2,000 for fiction, nonfiction or poetry. Personal stories preferred.
- Buzz Feed – Pays competitive rates for personal stories with a strong voice.
- Vox – If your thoughtful, in-depth, provocative personal narratives are accepted, payment will be discussed with you.
- Longreads – You receive around $500 for a personal essay that is at least 2500 words.
Get Paid To Write Short Stories
- Penpee – Get paid for your short stories.
- Fireside Magazine – Accepts short stories, poetry, nonfiction, novels, and artwork. Pay varies depending on the type of submission.
- Cricket – A magazine for readers ages 9 to 14 that accepts fiction, nonfiction, and poetry about music, theater, and the performing arts. Pay is up to .25 cents per word for stories, up to $3 per line for poems, and activities and recipes pay $75.
- Clarkes World – A World Fantasy, and British Fantasy Award-winning science fiction and fantasy magazine that publishes short stories, interviews, articles, and audio fiction.10¢ per word for the first 5000 words, 8¢ for each word over 5000.
- Asimov’s – A Science Fiction magazine that pays 8-10 cents per word for short stories up to 7,500 words, and 8 cents for each word over 7,500. They pay $1 a line for poetry.
- Analog – A Science Fiction and Fact magazine that pays 8-10 cents per word for short fiction, 6 cents per word for serial, 9 cents per word for fact articles, and $1 per line for poetry.
- One Story – Pays $500 for literary fiction.
- One Teen Story – Pay is $500 for stories written by teens for teens.
- Intergalactic Medicine Show – Pay is .06 cents per word for sci-fi and fantasy stories.
- Pulp Literature – Any genre or between-genre work of literature up to 50 pages in length. Pay is .05 – .07 per word for short stories, .03 – .05 per word between 7000 and 10000 words, .02 – .035 per word for works over 10000 words.
Get Paid To Write Lists
- List Verse – Write a list of at least 10 items and get paid $100 if it’s accepted.
- Cracked – Get paid to write list-style feature articles.
- Wonder List – Write a list of at least ten things.
- Sporteology – Earn $7 for 1,000-word sports-related list.
Get Paid To Write Poetry
- Arc Poetry Magazine – Arc accepts submissions from poets at all stages of their writing careers. Pay is $50 per page.
- The Southern Review – Pays $50 for the first printed page and $25 for each subsequent page with a maximum payment of $200.
- US Kids Magazine – Accepts poems 4-12 lines and pay is $25 and up.
- Subtropics – For stories and essays, the pay is $1,000. Poets are paid $100 per poem.
- Grain Magazine – Earn $50 per page to a maximum of $250.
Get Paid To Write App Reviews
- Apperwall – You can earn up to $30 a month writing one review per day.
- Review Stream – Pays higher rates for more detailed reviews.
- User Testing -Earn $10 for each completed test. A test takes approximately 20 minutes.
- Software Judge – You can earn up to $50 for an honest review as well as free digital products.
- Survey Junkie – Earn rewards and get paid to take surveys.
Where Else Can You Get Paid To Write?
Informed Comment is another site that pays you to write, but it doesn’t fit into any of our categories above. This site pays you $100 to write about Middle Eastern and South Asian politics and US foreign policy.
There are so many ways to get paid to write about a variety of things, from short reviews to novels. Whether your a beginner or seasoned professional, this list has something for everyone.
Ready to take your writing to the next level? Learn how to create your own ebook, sell it, and make money.
If your interested in working from home but your not sure that writing is where you want to start then you might want to look at this huge list of online jobs.
Looking for more information on how to make money as a freelance writer? Check out this post from Amy at Early Morning Money.
If you know of some other great sites that pay you to write let me know in the comments below. Sign up for my newsletter to stay up to date on the latest work from home jobs.