Are you looking for a way get paid to blog? If you’re a blogger who wants to find ways to monetize your blog or add additional income streams, then you’ve come to the right place!
You probably started blogging to make money, but maybe you haven’t made as much as you had hoped. I’m going to show you 22 options to create or add income streams to your blog.
Write Sponsored Posts
According to Wikipedia, a sponsored post is a promoted blog entry that contains links that point to a specific product page of the website of the sponsor for which the blogger receives compensation in the form of money, products, or services.
If you decide to monetize your blog with sponsored posts, be sure to follow the rules and add a disclosure statement at the beginning of the post. Sponsored post networks are a good place for bloggers to connect with advertisers, below is a list of some of the more popular networks.
This site can make you money through sponsored blog posts. Linqia is a sponsored post network that allows bloggers to partner with brands and write posts that feature brand products. Get paid to create amazing stories about brands you love.
- Must have a blog and a presence on at least two social media sites
- 2,500+ social followers or monthly visitors to your blog or YouTube channel
- Post stories to your primary channel at least 1x/month
- Have an RSS feed (blog only)
- Located in North America
If you don’t have enough traffic yet to meet the requirements, you could enroll in A Pinterest course and sign up for Tailwind. Within two months of implementing everything I learned in this course by Create and Go, my monthly page views went from 635 to 9,000.
Blog Dash is a sponsored post network of over 200 thousand bloggers. Try new products and get paid to share your experience.
- Write a biography and add your photo to Blog Dash
- Determine your social media presence
- Register with Blog Dash
You will receive emails when a company creates a pitch that might be of interest to you.
3. She Knows
The She Knows network works with sites that appeal to women. You can choose to write sponsored posts, or post native ads on your site.
- A blog must be at least three months old
- Commenting must be allowed
- Regularly updated content
- More than 20K page views per month
- A female audience of at least 70%
Blog Meets Brand is a network featured In Forbes, that works with top brands like M&M’s, Walmart, and Motorola. I couldn’t find any information on their website about requirements to join the network other than you need to apply to work with them.
- Submit your name, email address and a password to apply.
Create authentic content to promote brands that you love. Choose the platform that you want to work on: blog, YouTube, or Instagram.
- Reside in the US or Canada
- Post content regularly
- Use proper spelling and grammar
If you struggle with spelling and punctuation, I suggest you try Grammarly, a free browser extension. The easy to use extension makes sure that everything you write is error free.
6. Pay Per Post
Pay Per Post has a marketplace where you can search for brands that you want to work with you.
- Must be 18 years old to apply
- Must abide by the terms of the site
Once your blog starts gaining traction, you may have advertisers reaching out to you to write sponsored posts. Be sure to price your post competitively, so you don’t miss out on any freelance opportunities.
Write For Other Sites
If you’re a blogger looking for a paid writing job, there are websites that pay you to write posts. Rates vary depending on the length of the post and your experience. Below is a list of some of the more popular sites that will pay you to write:
Verblio, formerly Blog Mutt, has clients across 40 different industries, and writers are always in demand. The posts you write will range from 300 to 3000 words. There are no minimum payouts, and you can receive your pay weekly.
- Impeccable grammar
- Strong research skills
- An understanding of SEO
- Must be 18 years old
- U.S. citizen
Get paid to write articles for other people. Write as little or as much as you want; there are no limits. Writers receive payments through Paypal. Writers earn 81% of the cost of the article.
- Pass a short English test
Affiliate marketing is when you use tracking links to take a reader to a recommended product or service. If the reader clicks your link and makes a purchase, you receive a small commission. YouTube is another place you can use affiliate marketing to make money. The following sites make it easy to get started with affiliate links.
Look for products that you already know and love and that you think would be of use to your readers.
- You must have a website
- Be able to answer questions about your site
- Apply online and wait for approval
CJ is looking for websites that focus on one or more of the following areas: tech, home, style, lifestyle or business.
- Quality content
- 10K+ page views a month
- A site must be in English
- No software, coupon/deal, incentive models
11. Share A Sale
Just sign up and get approved, then pick the offers you want to promote on your blog. You can use a blog post, email, or social media. Be sure to check for any restrictions from an advertiser before doing a promotion.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Supply a valid tax-id
Place Ads On Your Site
Placing ads on your website is a great way to earn passive income from your blog. Most ad networks pay in one of two ways, (CPM) cost per thousand, or (PPC) Pay-per-click. CPM pays you a specific dollar amount for every 1,000 views or impressions. PPC pays you when a visitor to your site clicks on an ad.
12. Google Adsense
Google Adsense is probably the most popular ad network with bloggers because it’s the easiest one to qualify for and easy to set up. The earnings for Adsense are usually pretty low, and you earn money every time someone clicks on an ad (PPC).
- No traffic requirements
- A blog should be at least 6 months old
- You must apply and wait for approval
Powered by Bing and Yahoo, Media.net is another excellent ad network that makes it easy for you to qualify.
- Have a reasonable amount of blog traffic
- Traffic must come from the U.S. or U.K.
- Content primarily in English
Mediavine is technically not an ad network, but it works the same way as the ones above. One benefit of the Google certified partner is the private Facebook group for their publishers.
- 25,000-30,000 page views per month
- Cannot use other ad networks
Adthrive is for more established bloggers, the pay is good, but the requirements are high. Adthrive even helps you with the coding and placement of ads.
- At least 100,000 monthly page views
- Google Analytics must be installed on your site
- The majority of traffic must come from the U.S
Sell Digital Products
Instead of advertising other people’s products, you might want to get paid to blog by selling your own products. Digital products require a good bit of work in the beginning, but once they are created, they can provide a good source of passive income. Here are a few ideas for digital products that you could create.
A printable is anything shorter than an ebook, and it’s delivered in a digital format over the internet. Examples of a printable are checklists, spreadsheets, workbooks, coloring pages, and photos.
- Sell on your site with Woocommerce or Shopify.
- Design your products or hire a designer on Fiverr
- Promote your product in blog posts.
If you have a blog, you are no stranger to writing. Creating an ebook isn’t much different than writing several thorough blog posts. Maybe you already have a lot of posts on your blog that you could organize into an informative book.
- A WordPress website
- Software such as Canva for designing the cover
- WordPress eCommerce plug-in
18. Online Courses
Creating an online course is usually a lot more work than creating an ebook, and for this reason, courses tend to sell for a higher price. To create a course you will need to create a lesson, and associated materials such as checklists, workbooks, and slides. Some courses have private Facebook groups where students can ask questions and get additional support.
- An online course marketplace, learning management system, or plugins or software on your website
- Determine pricing for your course
- Promote your course
19. Stock Photos
Set your prices and sell stock photos on your site. Maintain full control over how your photos are displayed and used.
- Good-quality digital camera
- A portfolio to display on your site
- A WordPress plugin such as Woocommerce to sell your photos
Get paid to blog by selling services; it’s one of the fastest and easiest ways to make money on your website. Create a “hire me” page to advertise your services.
20. Freelance Services
Many bloggers work as freelance ghostwriters for other blogs or companies in their niche. Writing is an excellent way to supplement your income while your blog is growing and clients can see your quality of work on your site.
- Create a “hire me” page on your site with a list of services that you offer
- Select a WordPress plugin or software for invoicing clients
21. Coaching or Consulting Services
Offer advice, strategy, accountability, and guidance to your clients. Provide one on one help to people who are trying to achieve the same level of expertise as you.
- Create a page advertising your services
- WordPress plugin that allows clients to request quotes or schedule appointments online
Sell Physical Products
Selling physical products is more work than selling digital products or services, but it can be very rewarding and profitable.
22. Drop Shipping
Choose from a variety of products on Oberlo that you can sell with Shopify. Oberlo is a drop shipper that handles the inventory, packaging, and shipping for you.
- Choose an e-commerce plugin such as Woocommerce or Shopify
- Find products to sell through a drop shipper
I hope you were able to find some ideas in this article to help you monetize your blog. If you have a way to make money from your blog that I didn’t list, please let me know in the comments.