If you’re a college student you’re probably short on money and time. You need to work to offset school expenses but that’s hard to do when you’re juggling classes. To make things easier I’ve put together a list of online jobs at home for students without the investment of money.
To work online from home and get paid, check out these 16 online jobs for students
1. Online Virtual Recruiter Job
A virtual recruiter earns a commission by finding an employee or freelancer to fill a job opening. Job duties might include posting jobs, reviewing resumes, and possibly interviewing potential candidates. You probably won’t be paid an hourly rate but commissions could be as high as several thousand dollars for each successful candidate you recruit.
- Relode is looking for virtual recruiters in the healthcare field. Commission for the average referral is $3,500.
- Indeed is a good place to look for entry-level recruiter positions.
2. Online Social Media Manager
Social media managers are responsible for posting media to a brand’s social channels. They also interact with followers; manage social media partnerships; and create shareable videos and images. Enjoy a flexible schedule while making money managing a company’s social media accounts.
- 99Social frequently has openings for people who enjoy writing, research, and social media. If you enjoy finding and sharing content online this might be the job for you.
- Appen offers work from home opportunities for flexible, part-time and full-time projects. Voted as one of the top 100 companies by FlexJobs 4 years in a row.
- Indeed lists over 20,000 opening at the time of this writing.
3. Online Tutoring Jobs
Tutoring online is a great job that allows you to work online from home and get paid as long as you have a computer and internet access. Most of the time, you can pick the hours that you want to work.
- Wyzant requires you to be at least 18 years old to become a tutor. No experience is required and it’s easy to get started.
- Tutor does not require any previous experience, but some positions require you to be at least a sophomore in college. You can earn between $9 and $13 with possible incentives.
4. Online Data Entry Jobs
Pay for online data entry jobs for college students with no experience is typically $9 to $16 per hour. These jobs usually require you to have a good internet connection and a computer.
- Clickworker is one place you can find freelance data entry work.
- Dion Data Solutions occasionally has openings, you need to check their site frequently.
5. Online Search Engine Evaluator
Expect to earn between $12 and $15 an hour to clean up search engines. Search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing are riddled with errors. People have to look at search results and evaluate the quality and accuracy.
- Appen hires independent agents who are motivated and internet savvy.
- The Smart Crowd allowed you to choose what you want to work on and when you want to work.
6. Online Affiliate Marketing Jobs
You can make money online through affiliate marketing simply by pointing people toward stuff you genuinely think they’ll want or need. Introduce people to new resources or helpful tips they may not have heard of before.
- Ebates pays you $25 for each friend you successfully refer, and your friend gets $10 for signing up. Just tell your friends that they can get cash back for shopping. It’s free to sign up and there are no hidden costs. I earn money every month from Ebates – $535 so far!
- Swagbucks pays you 300 Swagbucks, which is the equivalent of $3, for each referral. But the best part is that you earn 10% of your referrals earnings for life! Don’t worry, you won’t be taking any money away from your friends, they’ll get their full amount and you’ll get 10% of that amount.
- If you have a blog or social media following you’ll find a list of 22 sites that pay you through affiliate marketing or sponsored posts here.
7. Online Writing Jobs
Did you know that you can get paid to write articles at home? Being a writer doesn’t require you to invest any money in fees or buy special equipment to get started. All that is required is to find a website that will pay for your content.
- Here is a list of 101 websites that pay you to write about almost anything.
- Here’s how to use Reddit to find freelance writing jobs.
Earn money online with your unique skills on sites like Fiverr. List the skill or service that you provide, or choose from a list of requested services. Earn a minimum of $5 for performing a simple task online.
- Fiverr provides freelance services on demand.
- TaskRabbit is an online marketplace that matches freelancers with jobs in cleaning, moving, delivery and handyman work.
- Amazon Turk pays you to complete tasks such as identifying objects in a photo or video, performing data duplication, transcribing audio recordings and researching data details.
9. Virtual Assistant
According to Forbes, work-from-home jobs were the fourth most popular job search term this year. One specific type of work-from-home position, virtual assistant, is in high demand. Virtual assistants do things like customer service, accounting, and marketing. The average pay is around $15 per hour depending on the service provided.
- FlexJobs lists several virtual assistant jobs that pay between $17 and $20 per hour.
- Virtual Gal Friday requires you to have administrative skills and the pay is between $12 and $14 per hour.
10. Online Transcription Jobs
The average pay for an online transcription job is between $15 and $25 per hour. Most jobs offer flexible hours and don’t require previous experience. You will probably need a high-quality foot pedal for controlling audio playback and transcription software for this online job.
- Rev is a good place for beginners to start out. Take a test online and they will notify you within 48 hours if you got the job. The average pay is $245 per month.
- Tigerfish requires you to take an online transcription test to get started.
11. Write Product Reviews Online
Did you know that there are companies, like Amazon, that give out free products to test? I know that getting free products isn’t the same as getting paid, but if you get enough free products it would keep you from having to spend the money that you have. Some sites do pay cash for reviews but most offer products.
- The Pink Panel gives away beauty products to test and the opportunity to receive gift cards.
- Slice The Pie pays you for every review you leave. The largest paid review site on the internet is Slicethepie. Leave feedback on music tracks, clothing and more.
12. Test Websites
Testing websites is an easy way for college students with no experience to earn some extra money. All you have to do is navigate a website and check it’s functionality. You can expect to earn around $10 per test.
- Whatusersdo requires you to sign up, download a screen recorder, take a practice test, and then you’re ready to start earning money.
- Trymyui pays you to use websites and give your honest opinion.
13. Sell Digital Products Online
Create an informational product such as an ebook, calendar, workbook or a course, that you can sell online. You could also sell pictures that you take with your phone or digital camera. There are many different platforms now that allow you to sell digital products with ease.
- Here’s a detailed guide to creating and selling your first ebook.
- This list of the 9 best places to sell your photos can help you earn money from home.
14. Make Money Online With YouTube
Have you ever wondered ‘how much do YouTubers make per view’? You might be surprised to learn that you can earn $3-10 for 1,000 views of your videos. If you enjoy being creative and making videos then you might be able to make enough money to get you through school.
15. Make Money With Apps
If you don’t have time to commit to a job and you just want to make a few dollars in your spare time, then your smartphone can help. You can download apps that pay you money for things like taking surveys, shopping, taking pictures, playing games, or viewing adds.
Does it drive you crazy to see spelling mistakes in texts or emails? Would you rather stay home and read a book instead of going out with friends? If so, then you’re probably a grammar geek that would accel as an online proofreader.
- Elite Editing is always on the lookout for new talent. If you’re looking for consistent work with a supportive team than Elite Editing might be the place for you.
I hope this list gave you some insight on how to find online jobs at home for students without the investment of any money. If you’re looking for more ideas to make money check out the list below:
- The Best Online Jobs From Home – Free And Without The Investment Of Money
- 12 Easy Ways To Earn Extra Money On The Side
- Amazon Is Hiring Work From Home Customer Service Associates
- Work From Home Opportunities At Fortune 500 Companies
- 150+ Legitimate Work At Home Jobs Available Now